Viva believes “Every Child Can Sing”
Let’s Make Music!
Placement interviews and auditions taking place now.
Contact Viva now at firstname.lastname@example.org and meet our Conductors! (or see below for registration)
Viva Youth Choirs Society of Victoria is celebrating 30 years of making music!
Welcome to VYV – Viva Youth Voices
Welcome to the new community of Viva Youth Voices. The world of music has changed and Viva is changing with it. This change will enhance and broaden the music experience for our singers and bring the excitement back to song.
While we have changed our name from Viva Youth Choirs to Viva Youth Voices, we continue to offer:
- excellence in music education
- exciting performance opportunities
- youth empowered by song
- skilled teachers sharing their passion for singing
Now in our 30th year, Viva exists to enrich the lives of singers, their families and the Greater Victoria community. We welcome all between the ages of 7 and 24 who wish to sing. A brief interview is required to determine the appropriate entry level.
Viva also offers private lessons & coaching in voice and in music theory at competitive rates. Please contact the office for details.
Placement Interviews and Auditions
Registration is continuous. Go to the Registration page for application forms and fee information. To arrange for a placement interview (non-audition), please contact us by email or phone (scroll to the bottom of the page for contact information).
Our office and rehearsal space for all choirs is in the Grace Lutheran Church building at 1273 Fort Street (opposite Central Middle School). All Tuesday and Thursday rehearsals take place in the early evening at Grace Lutheran. Access is via the double doors off the rear parking lot. There is plenty of free parking and the building has easy wheelchair access. It is also close to bus routes 11, 14 and 25.
Past Seasons’ Concerts & Events
- “ISBJORN” – Sunday, November 10th and Friday, November 15th. Viva joined four other Victoria choral ensembles for two concerts which featured the première of Nicholas Fairbank’s work composed in the Norwegian Arctic in the fall of 2013.
- WINTER CONCERT – Each season Viva Youth Voices performs concert of seasonal music by all the Viva ensembles.
- SPRING CONCERT – Each season Viva Youth Voices performs a final concert in late spring highlighting repertoire which includes special guests and instruments.
- COLLABORATIVE CONCERT with “CHOIR KIDS” – performed March 2014 at the Metropolitan Church in Victoria and included a guest adult choir Arbutus Singers.
- RCCO COLLABORATIVE CONCERT – performed November 14, 2014 at St. Andrews Church in Victoria along with many guests invited by the Royal Canadian College of Organists.
- CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY – March 15, 2016. Viva Youth Voices performed for the new citizens of Canada at their ceremony held at the Victoria Conference Centre.
- UNITED WAY of VICTORIA DONORS TEA – May 24, 2016. Viva Youth Voices performed for the 200 United Way Donors and guests, including Her Honour the Lieutenant Governor, at Government House.
- JUNO RECORDING – October 21,2016 in studio. Viva Youth Voices performed on an album with Ric Leaf, singer/songwriter, which was sent to the 2017 JUNO nominating committee by request to Ric Leaf, for their consideration.
- CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY – November 2, 2016. Viva Youth Voices performed for the new citizens of Canada at their ceremony held at the Victoria Conference Centre.
- CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CEREMONY – February 2, 2017. Viva Youth Voices performed again for the new citizens of Canada at their ceremony held at the Victoria Conference Centre.
Viva performs for Her Majesty the Queen in 2002
Viva is generously supported by:
The Province of British Columbia
The City of Victoria
Thrifty Foods “Smile Card” programme
Dr. Michael and Mrs. Irene Ziter
Garside Signs and Displays – Viva’s Banners
Mike Zastre – Graphics
Canadian Tire – Broadmead Village
Red Barn Market – West Saanich Rd.
Provincial Employees Community Services Fund – (BC Public Servants support through PECSF)
Contact information: Diane McWilliams, General Manager. email@example.com or 250.472.2655 and leave a voice message.